NEW! Cost Share Program:

The Union County Weed Control Department is happy to announce that starting in 2017, we will now be offering up to $500 reimbursement per landowner for qualified noxious weed treatments. Funds are limited, and will be available on a first come first serve basis. Please fill out the application below, and we will contact you to work together on a weed management plan for you place.

Cost Share Application

If you plan to treat your noxious weeds yourself, please also download and fill out the treatment record form below used to track hours of weed control work to be used as match for county cost share.

Union Co Landowner InKind Match Form_2017

Contract Spray Services:

Local contractors are available at the landowner’s expense for noxious weed treatment. Contract spraying is also eligible for the Union County Cost Share Program. Here is a list of contractors Union County Weed Control suggests for both small and large-scale weed treatment: Contractor List

001PIC_LSP0411_NW_Minam-6-3-1500012014-10-07 14.02.58

Equipment Rental:

Rental equipment for private property weed treatment is available through the Union County Public Works Department- contact Doug Wright at 541- 963-1016 for more information.Weed Spray TankWeed Spray Tank

Cooperative Weed Management:

Tri-County Cooperative Weed Management Area (CWMA) administers noxious weed treatment programs for over 8,000 square miles covering Union, Wallowa, and Baker Counties. Funding is provided through county contributions, BLM and USFS assistance agreements, and largely through state and federal grants. Tri-County Logo

Current Union County noxious weed projects include: yellow flag iris, leafy spurge, medusahead rye, whitetop, and meadow hawkweed on both public and private lands. Information regarding these species are available in the Class A and Class B pages. Tri-County CWMA is currently treating these species within Union County and many of which can be treated as a 50/50 cost share, or no cost to the landowner for the 2017 spray season. Visit their website ( or find them on Facebook page (Tri-County CWMA) for contact information and recent updates on noxious weed treatments.

Cropland Weeds:OSU Extention Service Logo

For information regarding weeds present on croplands please contact the Union County OSU Extension Service: